Instruction Manual: Updating SynScan Hand Controller's Firmware
Size: 198 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller
Windows program: SynScan Firmware Loader Version 3.3
This is the tools for updating the firmware of SynScan V3 and SynScan V4 hand controller. It runs on Windows PC.
Size: 827 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan V3 Hand Controller For All GO-TO Mounts, Version 3.39.10
This new SynScan Hand Controller firmware release is an update from the previous SynScan Firmware Version 03.39.05.
What's new in this update?
1. Update and correct the key-pressed slewing speed when key pressed in Rate 1 to Rate 8 in Alt/Dec axis, especially for those mounts, which have different gear-ratios in both axes including Sky-Watcher Discovery, Stargate 500 (20") SynScan, Stargate 450 (18") SynScan and EQM-35 telescope mounts.
2. Update and fix the issue for the older version of SynScan GPS, which has the Week Rollover issue reported that the date gets from the GPS is incorrect as showing in the year 2099 or the year in the past.
3. Update and fix the PEC not working issue for those equatorial mounts without the PPEC equipped.
4, Update and correct the telescope pointing issue for those AZ-GTi or AZ-GTe mounts, which are configured working in Equatorial mode with a latitude wedge.
5. Fix minor bugs.
Size: 412KB | 05-12-2019 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan V3 Hand Controller For All GO-TO Mounts, Version 3.39.05
This new SynScan Hand Controller firmware release is an update from the previous SynScan Firmware Version 03.39.03.
What's new in this update?
1. Update and correct the Solar Tracking speed in the Solar Track Mode. The Solar Track Mode is a new fuction to track the Sun and does not need an alignment.
2. To use this Solar Track Mode function:
1) Polar align the equatorial mount or level the base of the Alt-Az mount.
2) Finish the initialization on SynScan. No alignment is needed.
3) Activate "Solar Track Mode." Now the mount will start working at solar tracking speed until exiting the "Solar Track Mode".
4) Center the Sun in FOV with SynScan hand controller.
5) Start observing.
Warning: Your telescope must be capable of observing the Sun safely.
3. Fix minor bugs.
Size: 412 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan V3 Hand Controller For AllView Mount, Version 3.09.26
Size: 426 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan Relay V3, Version 3.1
This firmware allows the SynScan V3 hand control to work as a transceiver between a computer's serial port and a Skywatcher GOTO telescope mount's hand control port. It is for updating the motor controller's firmware, or controlling the telescope mount with the application "SynScan Pro for Windows". It provides better performance than the "PC Direct Mode" in the SynScan hand control. To restore the original hand control function, users just need to re-program the hand control with normal SynScan V3 firmware.
Size: 7KB | 29-03-2018 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan V3 Hand Controller Bootloader, Version 1.7
This is the latest bootloader firmware of SynScan V3 hand controller (SynScan Update version 1.7). You may download this firmware to update your SynScan V3 hand controller bootloader if the bootloader version is prior than version 1.7. Regarding how to update the bootloader of SynScan, please refer to the included instruction manual.
Size: 84 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller
Firmware: Fix Incorrect Voltage Reading on a SynScan V3 Hand Controller
On some SynScan V3 hand controls, the voltage reading under menu "Utility\Show Information\Power Voltage" is much higher than the true power supply voltage.
In such cases, use this firmware to fix the problem.
Size: 4 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V3 Hand Controller