Instruction Manual: Updating SynScan Hand Controller's Firmware
Size: 198 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V4/V5 Hand Controller
Windows program: SynScan Firmware Loader, Version 3.3
This is the tools for updating the firmware of SynScan V3 and SynScan V4 hand controller. It runs on Windows PC.
Size: 827 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V4/V5 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan V4/V5 Hand Controller For All GO-TO Mounts, Version 4.39.10
This new SynScan Hand Controller firmware release is an update from the previous SynScan Firmware Version 04.39.05.
What's new in this update?
1. Update and correct the key-pressed slewing speed when key pressed in Rate 1 to Rate 8 in Alt/Dec axis, especially for those mounts, which have different gear-ratios in both axes including Sky-Watcher Discovery, Stargate 500 (20") SynScan, Stargate 450 (18") SynScan and EQM-35 telescope mounts.
2. Update and fix the issue for the older version of SynScan GPS, which has the Week Rollover issue reported that the date gets from the GPS is incorrect as showing in the year 2099 or the year in the past.
3. Update and fix the PEC not working issue for those equatorial mounts without the PPEC equipped.
4, Update and correct the telescope pointing issue for those AZ-GTi or AZ-GTe mounts, which are configured working in Equatorial mode with a latitude wedge.
5. Fix minor bugs.
Size: 663KB | 05-12-2019 | SynScan V4/V5 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan Hand Controller for all GO-TO mount, Version 4.39.05
This firmware support alt-az mount and equatorial mounts.
What's new in this update?
1. Update and correct the Solar Tracking speed in the Solar Track Mode. The Solar Track Mode is a new fuction to track the Sun and does not need an alignment.
2. To use this Solar Track Mode function:
1) Polar align the equatorial mount or level the base of the Alt-Az mount.
2) Finish the initialization on SynScan. No alignment is needed.
3) Activate "Solar Track Mode." Now the mount will start working at solar tracking speed until exiting the "Solar Track Mode".
4) Center the Sun in FOV with SynScan hand controller.
5) Start observing.
Warning: Your telescope must be capable of observing the Sun safely.
3. Fix minor bugs.
Size: 639 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V4/V5 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan Hand Controller for AllView mount, Version 4.09.01
This firmware supports AllView mount.
1. Modified the picture number of each layer (row) in wide-angle Easy Pano Mode to keep the same for each layer.
2. Add backlash compensation in both Video Coursing and Time Lapse Modes to eliminate backlash lagging at beginning of slewing.
3. Fix bugs in the star alignment that the mount will start fast slewing when the star alingment is finished. It usuallly happened in southern hemisphere.
Size: 590 KB | 21-02-2018 | SynScan V4/V5 Hand Controller
Firmware: SynScan Relay V4, Version 4.2
This firmware allows the SynScan V4/V5 hand controller to work as a transceiver between a computer's serial port and a Skywatcher GOTO telescope mount's hand control port. It is for updating the motor controller's firmware, or controlling the telescope mount with the application "SynScan Pro for Windows". It provides better performance than the "PC Direct Mode" in the SynScan hand controller. To restore the original hand controller function, users just need to re-program the hand controller with normal SynScan V4/V5 firmware.
Size: 8KB | 04-09-2019 | SynScan V4/V5 Hand Controller